Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sacred Space

This week at my professional conference I learned about the idea of "sacred space." When asked what I do within my sacred space, I said that I spend the time with my children. But, while this is a nice thought - the true definition of sacred space is finding a moment to myself - to breathe, to relax and be in the moment.  Sounds hard doesn't it? I think so too.

In Dallas, I was fortunate to create sacred space for myself.  It is easy to do when there are no kids around, the phone isn't ringing off the hook and no email in front of my face.  It was easy to listen to those around me share their experiences, absorb what I could and plan for the future.

Now that I am back and I have a suitcase to unpack and kids to take to karate and help with their homework, not to mention about 80 emails to go through, sacred space seems like a foreign concept to me - again. But, for my own sanity, I must find it once a day. 

I must admit that I'm still looking for it today, but I am determined to find it before I lay my head on my pillow to go to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome and encouraged. If you like my blog, please sign up to follow it for future posts. Thanks for reading!