Saturday, November 27, 2010

On my mind...

I've just spent the last half hour writing 3 posts - none of which I find remotely interesting enough to share at this time. 

It is hard to get one thought together when I've got too much on my mind. For instance, I'm trying to figure out how to pack for a 3 day business trip using one carry on suitcase.  Somehow, I have to get my big, bulky hair dryer in that little bag.  I hope I can do it.  The hotel hair dryer is never good enough for me.

On Monday, I'm starting my "OMG I'm turning 40 soon" diet.  My friend and I have vowed to be accountable to each other, keep a food diary, know the points value for every food we eat, try out a few new HG recipes and get to the gym a few more times a week. I gotta get to that certain number on the scale by February!

Tonight, I'm headed out to meet a bunch of old friends that I haven't seen in about 20 years. It is my SRJ BBYO (translated to be the South Jersey Region of the B'nai Brith Youth Organization) reunion.  Will they even recognize me? I suppose those who are my FB friends will.  It will either be a short visit or a long night.  Either way - I'm looking forward to it.  In my teenage years, these people changed my life in so many good ways and I'm eternally grateful for that.  I made lots of friends when I had so few in school.  I found my self confidence and learned how much I had to contribute to the world.  We share a lot of memories from the old JCC on Rt. 70 and summer camp that always bring a smile to my face. It will be great to reminisce with them about the good ole days. LOL!

I hope you enjoy what is left of your four day weekend! I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome and encouraged. If you like my blog, please sign up to follow it for future posts. Thanks for reading!