Thursday, November 25, 2010

So thankful...


Every Thanksgiving, I am always thankful that I am not a turkey. Having said that, there are so many other things to be thankful for.
For my husband, - for too many reasons to count.  This year, I'm particularly thankful for his new job in Philadelphia that he enjoys and gets to trade in his 5 hour NYC commute for a 25 minute train ride. Our quaility family time is 100% better and we are all grateful for that.

For my daughter, who does well in school, has inherited my dry sense of humor and comedic timing, makes her own breakfast and loves to organize things around the house, asks me what I did at work today, takes an interest in everything and goes out of her way to be nice to people every day.

For my son, who does well in school, who cracks me up with his words and his antics (especially his impression of the Cake Boss), his boyish charm, and the fact that he gives me hugs and kisses every chance he gets.

For my parents, who raised me as a Phillies fan, a good egg, a people person and who always encourage me to follow my dreams.

For my in-laws, who help me at a drop of a hat, share their hearts, home, words of wisdom and fantastic clothes that my mother-in-law doesn't wear anymore. 

For my home, which is full of love and laughter, clutter and chaos. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

For my job, which perfectly matches my skills, personality and faith.  Every day is an opportunity to help someone form a connection whether with each other or within the community.  I'm lucky to be in a position to make that shidduch (match). I'm also thankful that I work with such wonderful people every day. 

For all of my friends, from our summertime Drinks on the Driveway parties with my neighbors to hanging out with girlfriends at a great restaurant, to "talking" on FB - I am thankful for the laughs shared, stories told and lasting memories.

Finally, I am thankful for reaching this stage of my life.  In my 20's and 30's, I spent plenty of time figuring out who I was and what I want. Now that I am on the verge of a new decade, I am happy with who I am, appreciate what I have and happy that I still have dreams to make come true.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome and encouraged. If you like my blog, please sign up to follow it for future posts. Thanks for reading!