Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Best Teacher I Never Had

A great teacher is retiring this year after working 44 years in the Washington Township School District. Everyone knows him as Mr. Krant - to me he has always been my dad.  While I never had him in the classroom, he has always been my teacher. Here are some of the great things I learned from him:



  • Make sure there is always make sure there is film in the camera (or loosely translated for today's standards - make sure the camera is always charged) so that when you are inspired by the nature that surrounds you and want to capture the Kodak moment - you will be prepared.

  • You don't have to go far to find the best things in life - For example, no one has better donuts than Pitman Bakery - they are better than Dunkin or Krispy Kreme - so  always support your local community.

  • Music willl lift your spirits in any situation - Whether you are listening to a good rock and roll tune from the 1950's and 1960's during a long car ride, a showtune that you heard a zillion times or listing 100 songs about rain while sitting through a thunderstorm - you are guaranteed to feel much better. 

  • Honesty is the best policy - All the time!
He taught me to tie my shoes, blow my nose, make change, carry "mad money" on dates, and countless other things. He stands by me every day showing his love and how proud and supportive he is in all that I do.  Thanks Dad for being one of my greatest teachers! Happy Retirement! Enjoy yourself as a student of the world. I'm look forward to it! (By the way, when are you available to babysit?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome and encouraged. If you like my blog, please sign up to follow it for future posts. Thanks for reading!