Sunday, March 14, 2010

What happened to the weekend?

It is almost 7 pm on Sunday and I feel like another weekend has passed me by. Weekends are supposed to be for R&R, right? Lately, they are extentions of the work week with errands, kids birthday parties, food shopping, etc.

This particular weekend, I was sick with a terrible cold which kept me out of commission from Wednesday to Saturday. Today, I worked in the morning, played catch-up with the laundry and now I am preparing myself for the chaos that Monday mornings normally bring.

I did have time to sit at the Sisterhood Ladies Tea at the synagogue this afternoon with my daughter which was nice. It was basically the only time that I sat down all day. I should have savored the moment more because 2 hours later I found myself scrubbing down the bathroom.

As I look forward to next weekend, there is nothing on the calendar. Nothing that is until Sunday, when I am going to run in my first 5K ever. I'm excited because it looks like next weekend could be my next chance for some R&R. I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome and encouraged. If you like my blog, please sign up to follow it for future posts. Thanks for reading!